My 3A is fitted with a 2.2 L engine and a four synchro. gearbox. The remote gear lever is not fitted with

the spring and plunger as shown in the Moss catalogue. It appears that there is no provision for fitting

these items. Any observations please?

Tom.

The spring and plunger are there to stop the gear lever rattling. The very early 2's had a two piece lever without this arrangement, which was then replaced with a one piece with the spring etc.

My one piece gear lever doesn't have a spring or plunger either, and was as fitted to my 2 when I bought it back in ~1980.

There is some doubt about my original box though and it probably isn't TR. See my thread about 3 synchro gear lever in a 4 synchro box.

Mine works fine though, and doesn't rattle either. It is possible that perhaps some levers were produced without the spring etc at some points in time - perhaps a different/alternate supplier?

Rod

Edited by Rod1883

Thanks Rod ~

My gear lever doesn't rattle at all. I just thought it funny that the spring and plunger were missing.

Tom.

Tom

I hope you haven´t got anything else that rattles! :P

Dave