4A Tubular manifold

I have a Twin Box stainless exhaust system on my 4a, mated to a standard manifold, I'm afraid the manifold is well past it's best now and i'm wondering if it is possible to fit a tubular manifold straight to the twin box system or not or would I need to lose the front silencer box ? Any advice please would be helpful.

Thank you

Noel

That is what I have on my TR4A, I had to have a section of pipe shaped to interconnect the manifold adapter and the single end of the Y tube.

So parts are:

Tubular manifold in two parts, outer pipes and inner pipes

Manifold adapter (brings the two manifolds into a single pipe)

The new interconnecting pipe

The Y pipe

The two end boxes

The tubular manifold will need some form of heat shield to keep the engine bay relatively cool. (I had mine plasma coated by Zircotec -Approx £400)

The person who organised for the interconnecting pipe for me is Simon Munday of "Past Car Services" who is located in Stonesfield just outside Blenheim Palace. 07773 205 291 www.pastcarservices.co.uk

If you look at Gallery on his website, you'll see my TR4A.

TT

Thank you for the replies. Its interesting. I've been in contact with the technical people at Moss and they tell me I MIGHT be lucky and find their 2 piece tubular manifold will connect straight onto my twin box system without any modification. If not I will need the Y piece adaptor and will need to junk the front silencer box as TT has done.

I will order the manifold first and find out. Fingers crossed. Thank you both again.

Noel

If you need a custom reducer I found these people very useful: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhuast-Reducer-Tube-Adapter-Connector-Joiner-Sleeve-/280699899935?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415b04901f

Scroll down half the page for their custom stainless service. I guess they could probably do a Y connector if you asked.

Jerry

Been there tried that on my previous exhaust system and you do need a couple of those adaptors as Jerry has pointed out. Problem I found was that to get it all to fit you ended up with so many clamps in an area where there isnt enough room without them ending up touching something and getting vibration. It probably would have been OK if the extensions were seam welded onto the 4 branch exit pipes instead of clamped but in the end I got a single 60mm system offered to me at a very good price and so I used a simple "Y" collector into it from the 4 branch.

Stuart..

Edited by stuart