Heater valve tap - repair or replace?

Nothing dramatic but I noticed some coolant weeping from the union of the pipe with the valve body and also where the tap shaft emerges from the valve body.

As the pipe is corroded, I will treat myself to a new one and a new hose whilst I am at it. There does not appear to be a washer at the union; is this correct?

As for the valve / tap is it repairable? I have replaced various tap washers over the years.

If ‘replace’ is the answer, any thoughts on stockists? There is quite a price difference between Moss and Rimmer and although I do not subscribe to the cheapest option, I would have thought they came from the same supplier. Ultimately, I want one that works out of the box.

A final query (for the moment at least), if I replace, is the thread on the valve machined in such a way that when installed it points in the right direction for the pipe and hose or is the application of PTFE tape required?

As ever, thanks for your thoughts.

Miles

This came up in a topic on here only recently and the general view was that these are more trouble than they are worth.

Either replace with a bung or permanently block the tap and just remove it when you need to.

Made of brass so must be fixable.

Al.

They are pretty much all the same no matter where you buy them, use PTFE tape or liquid when installing the tap to the head and on the extension pipe, they are taper thread so be careful on the last turn to get it lined up though as its brass its not too bad to get just that last bit of a turn.

Stuart.