TRK 639 on the Web

Andrew

Cracking set of photos - she does look good!

I hear you are having a problem with the front end?

Is this something that wasn''t rebuilt in 2003? If not, how many miles are on the bushes springs etc. or is it because its been sitting around?

Are you thinking about a rack and pinion conversion at the same time?

I have got well used to a 'Box' over the last year and as it is new, I am going to wait untill it needs doing.

Hope yours is running for next spring.

regards

peter

Peter, Jean

Thank you for your kind words. The previous owner has been a very good friend of mine since I bought my first TR (1973 TR6) back in 1984, so I have known him/the car since then, hence all the photos/history - the full story of TRK is on pages 36 & 37 of TRaction 194 (April/May).

Peter

The suspension wasn't touched in during my restoration as it was rebuilt shortly before TRK was taken off the road in 1992; so I took a chance with it and managed to squeeze a summers' use out of them!

But the bushes/rubbers have now perished over the summer and either a shock and/or road spring has collapsed where the car had stood for 12 years or so - although I do suspect the front springs are of differing lengths, as there is exactly 1 1/2" difference in ride height!

As for the steering, the worm-drive feels very vague, more than usual so that could do with an overhaul also, but I do intend to keep the steering to original spec - none of these fancy gadgets for me!

Without doubt it will ready for the Spring, come hell or high water!

Regards

Andrew

Andrew,

Lovely photos, thanks.  I'm sure that every one tells a story.

My carbs look just like the May 2003 shot, and I would dearly like them to look a little more like the August picture.  I plan to rebuild them when I take the car off the road after Christmas for more rust proofing and gap sealing and would love to know what you used to clean yours.  I suspect that the answer is likely to be 3 months of elbow grease, in which case they will have to stay as they are.

Dave