TR3 Radiator Fan

Guest Mike Gambordella

Guest Mike Gambordella

Hi Folks: New here, first posting. (don't beat me up too much)

I'm continually confounded by what I think is the direction of the air flow off the cooling fan on these cars. Given that the engine spins counterclockwise (when you're facing it) the pitch angle of the fan paddles causes the air to be pushed forward - back towards the radiator. Call me crazy, but isn't that fighting the natural flow of air coming in from the street?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!

Mike G. 1956 TR3  #9865 0

:cool:

Spins anti-clockwise? Clockwise I think, when standing at the front of the car and looking towards the rear.

oh hum...

I wish my engine was spinning... it's all looking shiney and new but I've not got a petrol tank yet.  Aluminium one is on order from Moss.

Guest Mike Gambordella

Hi Folks: Thanks for welcoming me to the club!

Jean: It's a '56 TR3 w/ a TR3 apron, but a TR2 grille. I bought it that way and it grew on me, so that's it then.

The colour is actually a very dark green. Gotta' shoot it on a cloudy day to get it right.

Hmm, a left hand drive engine.   What's corriolis?  

Hi Andrew: John and his fellow democrats - they spoiled a good time eh?  Definetly next time...here or there.

Cheers!  :D

Mike

Guest Mike Gambordella

mrtr2: Early January production, near as I can tell. Has a later TR3A engine w/ 87mm pistons, TR4 gearbox w/ OD.  I haven't made these mods, that's the way it was when I purchased it.  

It's a very dark green. Wouldn't call it BRG, as that was bit lighter, no?

Thank you for the compliment.

Mike