competition exhaust

My TR3A is being rebuilt by a mate who's much more competent than I could ever hope to be.  His latest problem has been with the competition exhaust and manifold he tried to purchase from Moss.  It didn't fit and was poorly made for something approaching £400.  We're told they are discontinuing this product.  What do you use?  regards kev

One of the best is Phoenix, but do not always expect a direct fit. Some grinding may be required depending on the shape and make of the inlet manifold.

It is less pain to adjust and match the manifolds with the cylinder head OFF, it's also easier to verify if the pipes frontpiece runs flush with the head, very important to achieve a proper seal.

Bastuck in Germany is also producing good quality. They race Triumphs in Classic Car Racing here on the continent.

Jean

I'm waiting for a pheonix exhaust.  I have a pheonix 4 branch manifold and it looks great (I've yet to run the engine as car is being rebuilt) ... also it is rare as mine is the early tr2 head, not the later one for which the 4 branch is readilly availalable for.

I must chase them about the exhaust as it is only one of theirs that will fit the manifold!  Mental note made for Monday...