Not fair Andrew :( we all live and learn :P

Reasonable question Neil and John has given a reasonable answer.

John,

TR owners are a far more down to earth bunch than the average E Type owner, so hopefully you'll feel you're in good company.

Cheers

Andrew

Looking forward to getting to meet a few Andrew, Like I said we can have a dyno day and BBQ at mine when im a bit better. One other reason I bought this one (and don't take it the wrong way) is I hate red cars, the only other colour I would prob have considered is mimosa yellow as you never seem to see any saphire blue ones. But saying that as red cars go the TR pulls it off well ! I just don't do red !!!! LOL

.............One other reason I bought this one (and don't take it the wrong way) is I hate red cars, the only other colour I would prob have considered is mimosa yellow as you never seem to see any saphire blue ones. But saying that as red cars go the TR pulls it off well ! I just don't do red !!!! LOL

:lol::lol::lol:;)

John,

Don't like red cars? - you've obviously got a big dick! :lol: :lol:

Neil,

You are such a Winker ;), you know my favourite colours for a TR6 are Royal Blue and Saphire............... B)

Cheers

Andrew

John,

Don't like red cars? - you've obviously got a big dick! :lol: :lol:

Neil,

You are such a Winker ;), you know my favourite colours for a TR6 are Royal Blue and Saphire............... B)

Cheers

Andrew

All in the best possible taste Andrew :D and just a bit of fun :P I will wink no more to keep PF happy ;) like hell :lol:

"Dash is coming out this week and I can sit at home and refurb the guages at my leisure."

John, I have just stripped and cleaned my gauges, sanded and sprayed them gloss white inside, I bought seals from http://www.jdo10.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page11.html, I was also guided by this brilliant site http://www.74tr6.com/gauges.htm. Much cleaner and clearer now, even show up in the dark!

Hope this helps.

Vince.

"Dash is coming out this week and I can sit at home and refurb the guages at my leisure."

John, I have just stripped and cleaned my gauges, sanded and sprayed them gloss white inside, I bought seals from http://www.jdo10.pwp....uk/page11.html, I was also guided by this brilliant site http://www.74tr6.com/gauges.htm. Much cleaner and clearer now, even show up in the dark!

Hope this helps.

Vince.

Thanks Vince the 74tr6 link is the one I read, thats how I will do my guages, we have an aquablast machine that will clean the bodies up quite well. Did you lose the green shades for the bulbs or keep them? Thanks for the JDO link I was going to use speedy cables but they have a min £10 order I think. I will also refurb the rheostat same as on 74tr6.

Hi JD,

Jon Skinner do good upholstery panels/carpets etc

Roger

You may say that, I couldnt possibly comment.

Stuart.

Slightly off topic John but as you are fitting EFI with 6 butterflies this link may be of interest....

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/6225-noisy-map-signal/

Oh, and if funds permit.....BUY THE E TYPE! I missed out on one at a stupid price (thank you wifey... :angry: ) and regret it.

Cheers

Tony

Tony, how come you are using MAP to tune the car and not TP we never use MAP on a normally aspirated car as the resolution is far too small, we just had a Marcos LM running on a Syvecs (very top end ecu) but mapped on a MAP sensor, it was hopeless, once it was mapped on TPS it gained 30hp but drove perfectly.

I dont do any mapping Tony but the way my mapper explained it is that an NA car only has a very small 'window' of vac/pres that can be read, in fact there is prob no presure at all, whereas a turbo or charged car has the 'extra' presure to be monitered and acted upon (in most cases at least 1 bar and often 2 bar over atmospheric presure) We also would not consider using MAP on TB equipped cars, we also have a very new SLK that someone has put on TB's (don't ask) the only way to make it run was to make a custom airbox from carbon and use that with a MAP sensor, but all that meant was it actually started and ran, we are trying to fit a syvecs and bypass a lot of the electrickery like fly by wire throttle etc. If we can get the syvecs to work on this we can then use TPS to map the car, TP is the way to go as you will have far more area to tune, most everything we tune also has tuneble ignition which my 6 will have using an emerald and coil packs.

Heres the Marcos

P1020191.jpg

P1020189.jpg

Edited by JohnnyDangerous