TR4A - which springs are which ?

Assembly of our TR4a continues - the car came in boxes so I'm not sure which springs are which. Am I correct in thinking that the front springs are the shorter ones of slightly larger diameter, the rears being longer & thinner ?

No idea what the springs are like, of course, but the car's believed to have done only about 60k - zero bore wear seems to confirm this - should I just get new ones anyway or might they be ok ?

Thanks

yes, front springs are the shorter ones.

I successfully assembled long on front & short on back, it was hard work (major compression for front, rattling around at rear) & chassis looked odd afterwards....

The original springs were very soft when new, I would consider fitting the later TR6 springs which are still comfortable without being too stiff like some of the uprated ones.

Cheers

Graeme

I would not touch the springs , if correct, but would go for the polybushes and a front swaybar. Logically, at 60K only, the springs should have retained their specs. Relatively soft rear springs are good for rear axle roadhandling.

Badfrog