Wiper Mech. How Noisy?

I got a pukka first wiper rack tube and it all slotted together fairly well. Just to be sure I ran the motor. It seems fine but it seems quite noisy although I've nothing to compare it to. The rack went in with little resistance, a lot less than the 6 lbs that the WSM says. Maybe with the engine running it will be less of an issue.

(null)

Roger, the motor alone on the bench just whirs. I think it's the rack and sound conducting through the scuttle panel where the wheel boxes mount. Speed is OK. I slackened off all the fittings with it running ti see if anything settled in bur that made no difference. Rubber feet are all present and correct. Maybe it needs to run in a bit.

Edited by peejay4A
  • 4 weeks later...

Well now the screen is in I took the plunge and tested the wipers. They work fine and there is very noticeable difference between normal and fast - note I didn't say normal and slow! They're not noisy either and my guess at the parking position was spot on. Door handles next.

Edited by peejay4A