Please help me identify this servo(pictures)HELP.

Im getting a loud whirring noise coming from what i think is the non return valve,ive taken the valve to David Manners but none of there tr6 non return valves match mine.They showed me there servo units and it was totally different to the valve thats on my servo,so please could somebody identify what its off or why i cant match them up,it looks original to me,cheers Paul.

post-7961-0-07005800-1347304897_thumb.jpg

post-7961-0-99932200-1347304992_thumb.jpg

post-7961-0-24533100-1347305090_thumb.jpg

post-7961-0-07005800-1347304897_thumb.jpg

post-7961-0-99932200-1347304992_thumb.jpg

post-7961-0-24533100-1347305090_thumb.jpg

I'm getting a loud whirring noise coming from what i think is the non return valve,ive taken the valve to David Manners but none of there tr6 non return valves match mine.They showed me there servo units and it was totally different to the valve thats on my servo,so please could somebody identify what its off or why i cant match them up,it looks original to me,cheers Paul.

Paul

There are two types bayonet and push in, the pic is small but the shoulder is to big to be a Tr one as far as I can tell and no sealing rubber.I reckon somebody has butchered the servo :o

With all that corrosion around the valve it could be that the servo has DOT 4 in it (failed piston seal) and it's being sucked into the engine and also by-passing the valve (no seal) – if so, not good!

Check the pedal box, do you have brake fluid dripping onto the pedal/your foot?

As said above, bin it and buy a new one and also check the piston seal on the master cylinder - is it leaking from where it mates with the servo?

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Right,ive just had a new master cylinder as that sprung a leak,the original rubber grommet that i require split,so a well known tr expert said a good sealing compound would replicate the job of the original grommet.Corrosion was a result of the leak,i didnt want to buy another servo if its something so simple,what the hell could it be off then.

Right,ive just had a new master cylinder as that sprung a leak,the original rubber grommet that i require split,so a well known tr expert said a good sealing compound would replicate the job of the original grommet.Corrosion was a result of the leak,i didnt want to buy another servo if its something so simple,what the hell could it be off then.

2 minutes on Giggle Images:

Land Rover? http://www.lro.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74474