Rear Axle Oil Seals

When I replaced mine (now a few years ago) it was very straightforward, I just followed the manual. The only thing was that I got hold of old stock oil seals and soaked them overnight and touchwood they have been pretty good with very little 'weepage'. I don't know how good the current seals are! At least you don't need a 30 ton press to replace them :) .

Nigel (with TS952)

Nigel - thanks for the reply. Did the job this morning. The seals were not original but also weren't leaking. The leak was between the plates. Can't see why there isn't a gasket there. Used instant gasket and fingers crossed. JJC

Most important thing to know is the diameter of the spigot of the hub diameter and get the right sized seal to fit it!

There are two different sized diameter hub spigot seal areas on TR2/3 Lockheed axle drive flanges. The change is detailed at TS 5555.

My TR2 is TS 5297 and has different sized seals left to right.

Enjoy

Peter W