gearbox parts

hi all,

i have a 72 cp with gearbox issues. i need several parts inc lay shaft and main. does anyone know a good suplier pref in the south west

cheers mark

Hi Mark

pm sent

Regards

John

Hi Mark

sorry dont know anyone in the south west but i do know someone in the south east who is checking mine over at the moment as i have had a small issue with popping out of gear on the overrun its only happened two/three times over a two year period but thought i would get it checked out as i`m of to france in it this year it seems to be wear on the sincro 2/3 which is a weak point caused by a heavy foot? but the guy who`s doing it for me has (new old stock) so once done i shouldnt have the nomal problems associated with the rubbish produced today

bluebob

hi andrew.

yes it was suspect, but i didnt expect it quite as bad. tim has made a contribution, which has helped.finding parts at a resonable cost is the problem, but i only want to do the job once. this seems the best so far but he doesnt have the first motion shaft. http://www.chriswitor.com/products.php?cat=247. still at least its winter :( .

cheers mark.

Hi Mark,

If the gearbox parts are in good nick, then they should be fine. There's a forum member called richard purchon who supplied my uprated layshaft, he goes by the username rpurchon if I remember correctly.

Simon

Edited by simonjrwinter