inner shell price

Hi all,

A friend has given me first refusal on a TR6 inner shell. I haven't seen it but I'm told it's been rubbed down and has a few rusty areas but no floor or sills. I'm hoping that mixing my bodyshell and this one will allow me to build a complete solid car. Unless they've both rotted in the same places, which is likely...

How much should I offer him? Thanks!

Eli

Hi Eli,

it does depend on the condition and as you say the 'new' one may have the same problems as yours.

Have a look at it assess the problems. If it is easier to sort the 'new' one then offer £100/200 - the floors and sills will cost a few bob.

Roger

As it has no floors/sills I assume its in two halves. Now you have yours in bits you know where they go rotten so based on that knowledge take a very careful look at it and if its good in the plenum and inner wings/front arches and the rear is good in the "B" post/rear deck/arches/back panel then it could be worth around £500. If one or either section is better than yours then just buy that part be it front or rear and use the rest from yours so then offer half that figure or less. Bear in mind your location and transport costs.

Stuart.

Thanks guys!

We've settled on 200EUR including delivery. But the chap is going to some see my car first so we can work out if it's going to be of any use.

Must admit, I'm thinking of testing the water and selling the car, chassis and 2nd shell together to someone with more time and patience than I have and spend the money on a running TR. I miss driving mine!

E