Horn position

Hi All,

Does anyone have a photo of where the horns should be fitted as standard on a TR6? - In the process of rewiring the front loom, I've discovered that the horns on my car were not fitted in the original position. After much searching I can't find any info on where they should go...

Thank you,

Paul

No pics , sorry have a TR5 but had 2 sixes and the horns go on the near side on a bracket mounted on the front angle iron that holds the bumpers (theres a bar that goes from the main chassis forward to which the bumpers are mounted. No doubt someone will post some pics. My other 6 had the horns mounted one each side ie nearside and offside on the irons. One was a CP and the other CR so be interesting to see what the standard was

Robin

My Two Horns are the Original Standard ones on my CP car, as Robin says, they mount to the two holes positioned diagonally in the middle of the Bumper Dumb Irons that go from the front chassis rails to the Bumper.

The 2 Horns Trumpets face inwards opposite each other, either side of the Rad', only visible through the twin Radiator appertures under the front Bumper. The N/S Horn is hidden behind the Cardboard Radiator Tunnel, but the O/S one is just visable under the Air Cleaner box when viewed from above in the engine compartment. :unsure:

Edited by Denis

And here's the mounting bolts...

(Pics now deleted to make space)

Edited by Denis