Comma Sonic engine oil

Hi,

now that Duckhams 20/50 seems to have bitten the dust :( I`ve been looking for a reasonably priced alternative (along

with probably many others )and have bought some COMMA SONIC 20/50 mineral oil.

First impressions are that it has the consistency of treacle and that my oil pressure especially from cold has shot

up by about 10%.Hopefully thats a good not bad result.Reasonably priced too at about £18.

Has any one else had the pleasure and what are your impressions.

cheers Dave :)

Hi,

now that Duckhams 20/50 seems to have bitten the dust :( I`ve been looking for a reasonably priced alternative (along

with probably many others )and have bought some COMMA SONIC 20/50 mineral oil.

First impressions are that it has the consistency of treacle and that my oil pressure especially from cold has shot

up by about 10%.Hopefully thats a good not bad result.Reasonably priced too at about £18.

Has any one else had the pleasure and what are your impressions.

cheers Dave :)

Where'd you get it Dave? I'm after some of this too for this year's oil change, it seems to have a better spec (ZDDP etc) than Halfords/Comma Classic 20w50. In fact it has the best spec of any 20w50 I've seen the data sheets for so far.

Edited by Richard Baines

I got it from a well known store called BOYES .East Yorkshire members will be well familiar with this place.It sells all sorts of items.

This particular one is on Hessle Road in Hull but there are a few scattered around the area,not too sure about West Yorks though.

Good luck in your quest, Dave.

Interesting that this oil has three fold more ZDDP than their own 'Classic' oil.

Full marks to Comma for supplying the data sheets on their web site.

Hi Richard,

Hopefully you might get fixed up.

Been back to Boyes again this morning and bought another 2, enough for the next two oil changes.

Had plenty in stock and priced at £15.50 for 5 litres.

Had a look on the COMMA website and the shelf life of the oil is 5 years.

Might even buy another 2 next weeek,who knows the rate that petrol/oil is increasing it might be £30 then.

Any way best of luck.

Dave

Cheers Dave, went in today in Ilkley and they had loads! In fact they seemed to stock the entire Comma range, the shelves were full of it. Didn't spend much time looking around as I was parked in a dodgy spot so literally grabbed one, paid and ran out, and had to sprint past the parking warden with it in hand. Wierd shop though, I would only be able to describe it as one of those places that sells stuff... they just sell "stuff".

Oh and whats even more wierd, the guy at the till next to me was buying about 50 bottles of shampoo or something. But he didnt pay for them all at once, he got about 10 bagged and paid for then continued. What an odd place.

Edited by Richard Baines