mx5 seats into tr6

The securing points are different, but can be adapted if you don't want to drill new holes in your chassis. As I recall at least one hole each side would be blind from the underneath if you used that approach.

I sawed some 3 inch square steel tubing in half to the thickness of the nuts to secure the MX5 seats. These shallow U channels accommodated the MX5 and the TR6 seat's fixing points.

Be aware that you will sit slightly higher in the MX5 seats, so need to keep the total height to the absolute bare minimum. I found that the extra height does add a bit of distortion from the windscreen as I view now through the upper portion of the glass.

I used a cardboard template to determine the best fixing positions to make good use of the MX5 runners.

NB if fitting a roll bar this will affect your seat position and angle.

If you have the MX5 seats with speakers fitted, then replace them with some new ones as the old ones are likely to be shot. I also added a subwoofer under the passenger side lower crash pad as on their own they are a bit tinny.

It is possible to remove the MX5 seats from their own running gear, but I have not checked to see how easy it would be to fit them then to the TR6 points, and if that brings any further benefit.

Richard,

I have Mx5 seats, and they are great, i fitted them with Smeeggies brackets off the forum,

or Carl from Tr Trader can supply them. Or make your own there is a section on the Tr Technicalities Disc.

Also, you will find a lot of info on these seats and peoples opinions and fitting if you did a search,(Top Right under your

name on the page) which may bring up things you may not have considered, or may not be metioned on this thread. :rolleyes:

Good Luck.

Guy