Trimming Top Windscreen Seal

Some time ago some one posted a photo and instructions of how to trim the top windscreen seal. I used the search using various key words but can’t find the thread I want.

If at all possible could the author please post instructions and photo again.

Many thanks Alexander

Some time ago some one posted a photo and instructions of how to trim the top windscreen seal. I used the search using various key words but can’t find the thread I want.

If at all possible could the author please post instructions and photo again.

Many thanks Alexander

I think that would have been Don Elliot. Either PM him or he may be on here later and pick up on this.

Stuart

Hello Alexander,

Sorry for my delayed reply, I was a couple of days away from home.

On your request hereby a photo of my top windscreen seal, according to Bill Piggott's book as seen on page 39 from

The Original Triumph TR2,3,3A book.

You have to cut 1/3 away from the interior side of the rubber so that the screws and fixing points for an eventual hardtop can be seen.

You also get a better grip and water tightness for your soft top cutting this away.

Hope this will helps !

Regards - Raymond

Alexander,

Thanks for your "web" compliments !

Raymond

Hiya Raymond, off the original subject but could you give details of your sun visors please. They look like just what every side-screen TR needs!

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

Got them from Moss long time ago, part no. was or still is MM240-300. I changed the'"glass" for real Perspex which gives you a more and better

vision and it looks far more nicer. You can a choose from a great range of Perspex colours.

What I changed as well are the screws in the Perspex and brackets, I replaced them for polished stainless steel screws as you can see on the pics.

Hope this will helps - Raymond

I have the same sun-visors and they are a real help. However, be very careful when fitting them as the brackets are a very poor quality casting and break easily. In fact, one of mine broke even before fully tightening the setscrew, but Moss very kindly supplied a replacement pair FOC. Nevertheless, I am very careful when moving the visors, just in case. The brackets would be better made of brass or ally and I guess that's what I'll do if they break again.

Raymond,

Mine are chrome over some kind of brittle casting (probably an alloy or mazak). When I had my problem about 3 years ago, I did suggest to Moss that brass would be a better material, so maybe they persuaded the supplier to change?

Brian,

Bought my sun visors about 10 years ago, so the ones I've got must be the "old fashioned" quality. Or otherwise, Moss changed from supplier......

Perhaps its worth a question to Moss of they really changed ?

Are the brackets of their wind wings made out of Mazak as well or are those made out of brass......?

Raymond