How to bend the windscreen stanchion?

Hi to all.

The passenger-side windscreen stanchion in my TR3A is definitely bent to the rear. It looked as only an optical effect, since the shape of both posts compared with each other seemed to be the same. Despite of that, measurements of the stanchion tip with respect to the body showed some differences compared to the driver-side post. Now that I am trying to fit the sidescreens the problem is evident and does not allow a good fit.

I supposed that the easiest solution would be to bend the stanchion and to chrome it afterwards.

Do you have any suggestion on how to bend this stanchion? Heating it?

Thanks.

Jesus

Jesus,

I have a similar problem with my car; the top of one stanchion is further back and lower than the other. I have come to the conclusion that it is the fixings for the mounting slides that are not correctly aligned as opposed to one of teh stanchions being bent. I'm not sure if it was made this way or whether it has had a replacement scuttle panel which has been incorrectly drilled. As I now need to do some repairs, I plan to relocate the fixings.

Dave

Or when the bonnet is not latched down and it gets flipped back onto the frame and the stanchions also might get bent backwards. And you will also get little indents across the bonnet from it impacting all the tenax pegs along the top of the frame. And maybe a couple of broken hinges too. You would be lucky if it lands on the road between traffic following and no-one drives over your UFO after it "lands".

Don't ask how I know !