Heater Flap valve Knob removal!

OK, this should be a 5 minute job .....

The cable from the heater flap control to the lever on the heater was broken, so ordered a new one, how hard can that be to fit !

I cant get the knob off !

Looking at the new cable there is an indent which i thought might have a grub screw to hold the know on, but looking at the old one there is indeed a hole in th side of the know but no screw, possible a little pin is in there holding the knob on.

How do i remove this, guess i could drill it out ??

Thanks in advance

Steve

You're right !

Unfortunately the new one from Moss does not have the spring loaded 'button' in place.

I suspect it may have come out in the post, as the item was poorly packed in with a load of much heavier stuff.

I'll give moss a call.

thanks again !

Is it not possible to use the spring loaded thingy from the broken cable.

Roger

I did try this..... the spring is now somewhere in orbit ! :P

Moss were good and are sending me a replacement, on one of my regular shipments.... :o

Edited by SDerbyshire

Have i done anything but work on the car......

Well ive been out for a few spins, but with the brakes being terrible at present ive not been far !

AND as well as working on it ive spent lots of money on it !

Today though we went out for a coffee, roof down in the sunshine, was fantastic B)

Tomorrow my new wheels are due :D

Weekend am fitting silicon hose set, new thermostat, electric fan if it comes in time, flushing the cooling system, working on the brakes some more no doubt !!

Happy Days

Today someone passing by said 'you'll make the ducatis jealous all the time you are spending on the TR6' how true.

So many toys, so little time :(

Edited by SDerbyshire