Windscreen Removal

Hi All

Hopefully simple enough question

I want to remove my windscreen to paint underneath. Is it possible to remove the frame with the glass in situ as it doesn't seem to want to budge? I had it out about 3 years ago to paint the frame but that time I took the glass out first and had no problems

Paul

It can be done I did it with a 4 a couple of years ago, undo all the bolts along the bottom of the screen (3 if my memory serves me correctly), undo the clamps in the scuttle area undo the nuts on the long locating pins on either side of the screen frame but leave them on the studs. Gentle(ish) blows on the bottom of the the locating pins alternating sides with a rubber mallet untill the screen frame comes loose, get assistant to steady windscreen and remove the nuts then with one person each side of the car carefully remove the screen complete. The pig is in getting it back on and adjusting the door window gaps

Alan

I took the screen off my 6 with the glass in place. Only problem was the tubes being tight in the sockets, but if you greased yours three years ago that should be easy.

Reseal underneath when you put it back, been various threads about which non-setting stuff people use.

Ivor