Using an Engine stand

Hi All

hope you've had a great christmas and are looking forward to the new year

Setting a target of June for my completion i need to rebiuld the engine

I have purchased a engine stand and am now awaiting the parts

What mounting holes are best for the rebuild?

Should i purchase some high tensile studding to use?

Thanks for your time again

Mark

Hi Mark, when I did mine earlier this year I used very poor quality low tensile bolts as they needed to be very long and I couldn't quickly find good quality bolts. If you use a Sealey stand like I did you will need a lot of spacers to allow space for the flywheel...alternatively remove the flywheel! So basically I broke all the rules and it was fine, I was worried before hand that it would snap the casting etc etc, I think I asked about it on this forum back in April...

4424143581_7a2caa5714.jpg

Note the timber support!

Edited by randall977

Hi Mark,

I have also used the heavy duty stand a few times now, I just use ordinary bolts and have never encountered any problems. The photos should show the mounting points.

_LND1343-2048.jpg

TREngineRebuild-09-2048.jpg

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Mark,

Yes, the engine is not standard as you guessed. The paint I used is Halfords Hi Temp Engine paint for brushing, and I believe is available in Black. I have also used the spray on paint but would not recommend it. Make sure that the engine is absolutely degreased or the paint will just not stay on. In fact, if you are doing a complete rebuild, have the engine chemically cleaned after the engineering work is completed.

Cheers

Graeme