Hi Guys, could anybody tell me where I could buy a spotlight bar that is mounted where the front bumpers are as used by the TR4 Rally Car? Are they specially made? If so does anyone know where I could order one? Cheers, Steve

Hi Guys, could anybody tell me where I could buy a spotlight bar that is mounted where the front bumpers are as used by the TR4 Rally Car? Are they specially made? If so does anyone know where I could order one? Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve,

Revington TR make a similar item...if you can afford it...

john

TR Enterprises do one, made of aluminium but does not look like the works ones ..........

£95.00 iirc

Edited by stiggy

Revington's version permits each cable to enter the bar from below in the vicinity of the lamp mounting and to exit out of sight through the original bumper mounting/valance - that's very neat, as you will see if you look at the original VC cars. In this position, period 7" Lucas lamps can be fitted without causing difficulties with the opening of the bonnet.

Ian Cornish

Note that if you run bigger spots you need to make extension plates to push the lamps out further, otherwsie they foul the bonnet .... my 'Haggis Hunters' need this, but its worth the trouble when you need the light in front.

Revingtons actually also sell a different bar to make this possible, but in my opinion its not as good looking.

Regards

Tony

Yesterday, I received from Mike Bolin of Essex group a photo of the front of my car as I arrived at Knebworth for the Bank Holiday meeting this year. It shows the Revington lamp bar rather well, so I shall try to load it here.

Ian Cornish