Imperial Brake Calipers

Wouldn't have thought there would be a catch - it's the TR Shop. Personnally I would rather have recon as I feel that origional castings are likely to be better than new - I got mine from the TR Shop for around £100 a pair exchange.

I get the originality angle from a concours perspective but otherwise better in what respect?

It's only my opinion but I have found that nearly all of the original parts are better quaility than the repros - maybe not in this case. Are the new ones made by Girling - I doubt it, country of origin...China? The Chinese make good quality stuff sure enough but if you like Triumph you presumable like British... :)

Tricky really this one. When I did the TR6 mechanicals I didn't compromise on brakes; everything was replaced new. I hear what you say about UK vs Chinese copies but who's to say that UK manufacturers are paragons of quality? I reckon I'll give these new ones a go on the 4A. It'll be a long time before she's rolling though...