HS4 Carb to Carb fuel pipe

Hello all:

New member here, with a long-door TR-2 owned since 1976.

I am working on getting my engine bay back to original, and am working on getting the correct fuel pipe set up at the HS4 carb location. I want to put back the original solid pipe running from carb to carb, instead of the flexible braided steel line I had been using. I acquired an original (but used) fuel pipe running all the way from the fuel pump to the carb, with the correct banjo fittings and the curved solid pipe from carb to carb. Anyone know if there is a history of that curved solid pipe fracturing? The location is a bit scary right above the manifold.

Dan

I doubt it will give problems if it is routed as the original and silver soldered together NOT soft soldered. I've made loads over the years and had no issues except the banjo bolts loosening, so keep an eye on them till they decide to stay tight. Originally I'd guess they were Cadmium plated, which is difficult and expensive to get done now.

Ash

I had to replace one a couple of years ago that was the original steel one on a 55 TR2 as it had fractured about 1/4" from the front banjo. Thats why the factory replaced them with the later type of braided pipe. You could sweat the banjos off and replace with copper as that may be a bit more flexible but unless you are totally bent on originality I would be inclined to stick with the braided.

Stuart

Edited by stuart