TR4 hill climb & sprint suspension advice reqd

Hoping to get out next year (assuming the never ending rebuild gets completed)and do a few sprints/hill climbs for fun

At a point were i need to decide on the front and rear suspension spec's but having spoken to well known suppliers each has their own views which does not seem to have a commonality.

So was hoping you guys out there doing such events may point me at what works and what does not. Do not worry about giving secrets away do not think i am a FTD driver by any means.

spec of car so far is as follows

body rebuilt with full set of alloy wings,bonnet,boot,surrey top,roll bar

rear suspension/axle: LSD, DAS 10 adj lever shocks,nylon bushing: need advice on what springs to use ie poundage rate,need for lowering blocks?best suppliers and ARB if needed?

front: quick rack, adj shocks, camber adustment,nylon bushings: again what length & poundage springs to use and ARB diameter plus who is the best supplier

Chassis apart from new brackets for the DAS 10 shocks the usual uprating mods

any info on above would be beneficial as I am currently stuck on this

regards Adrian Salisbury

As the man who has competed in sprints and hillclimbs since the mid-1970s, has sponsored the Register's Sprint & Hill Climb Championship since about 1980 and is indecently quick in this sport and in rallying (with numerous outright wins to his credit in 6VC, 3VC and other TRs), he might be a good man to consult?

Oh - and he has designed many improvements to TR suspensions, which seem to be fitted to a great many quick cars.

Steve Hall, too, has great experience in rallying - but you seem to be talking of sprint & hillclimb.

Ian Cornish

Hi Adrian

Welcome to the fold hopefully!

I have been competing in Sprints and Hillclimbs for 25 years in various live axled cars so know a bit.

All the TR firms are good in their way but not all of them necessarily understand Hill climbing.

Feel free to contact me for a chat 01403 242489 or 07900 881814.

I shall be on route to wiscombe shortly but back late Saturday.

Regards

John