Lockheed Brake bits

Brake shoe Abuttment or brake shoe stands. (9" Lockheed axle)

Does anyone know if they are the same or is there a difference I have found Lockheed part no 25293C stamped on them but the bolts have sheared in both.

For clarity the following is what I am looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406524404&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Everything is the same but the bolt centers which seem to be different but every other dimension is the same.

Lastly apart from Autojumble who stocks Lockheed bits as Moss are NLS. oh B****cks.

Thanks for any help.

Rod

Hi Nigel,

Now I really am puzzled, the following from Revington using the part number you suggested:

059256SH SHOE ABUTMENT 9IN LOCKHEED FRONTS

There are no abutments on the front wheels as they have two wheel cylinders. I suppose this must be for the back axle with 9" Lockheed brakes. It is a very early car but the number stamped on the casting is as I said (25293C)There were so many changes in shoe width, drum diameter etc.

I am sure the number relates to the lockheed number as on the Ebay item but not sure if it is the same as a Standard part number.

I'll try Neil anyway.

Thanks

Rod

Rod,

I have, perhaps a little foolishly, ended up taking my car apart and am now intent on something of a rebuild. As part of this exercise, I will be rplacing the non-standard lockheed axle with a girling one. The brakes were one of the few things that were working well when I stopped using the car so if you haven't managed to find what you are after, I would be happpy to extract the relevant bist for you. Obviously they will be far from new, having been in daily use until recently.

Dave