Looking for the original routing of the brake line from the restrictor valve/manifold to the left front wheel on a TR3A. I have seen several variations of the routing for the brake line as it exits the restrictor valve. Some travel down to the frame rail while others travel up the rear turret brace. Which is correct? Also wondering about the correct orientation of the restrictor valve? Brake light switch pointing toward the engine or toward the front of the car?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert

On my car which is stripped down to its chassis at the moment the brake light switch points to the front. The brake line for the front LHS comes straight out of the Union does a sharpish bend is clipped to the rear support for the RH turret then dives under the RH engine mounting across the rear of the front chahassis crossmember then comes up under the LH engine mount to the point where the bracket for the brake hose is. I believe this is origonal as the car has never been restored. I will try to take some pictures this weekend

Cheers

Alan

Looking for the original routing of the brake line from the restrictor valve/manifold to the left front wheel on a TR3A.

Some travel down to the frame rail while others travel up the rear turret brace. Which is correct?

Alan is correct. You will find some 1/4" holes on the inside

of the chassis cross member - these take the pipe clip.

AlanR

Looking for the original routing of the brake line from the restrictor valve/manifold to the left front wheel on a TR3A. I have seen several variations of the routing for the brake line as it exits the restrictor valve. Some travel down to the frame rail while others travel up the rear turret brace. Which is correct? Also wondering about the correct orientation of the restrictor valve? Brake light switch pointing toward the engine or toward the front of the car?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert: here is a photo before we had everything connected, but you can get a good idea. The brake line is not as close to the exhaust as it appears! Good luck

CopyofDSC00890.jpg