Rear exhaust mounting point

This is a follow on from my other post so thanks to TR2100 for the photo you have already sent... However I could do with a slightly clearer photo of where the rear exhaust box joins to the body - my chassis appears to have lost the mouting point.

Thanks

Christian

There should be a bracket on the left side (left when facing the front!) of the rearmost cross-member of the chassis - the bracket should have a hole for a bolt. This provides the mounting for the flexible coupling to the tube exiting from the rear end of the silencer.

If this works, you might see a couple of diagrams from the Parts Book.

Ian Cornish

I could do with a slightly clearer photo of where the rear exhaust box joins to the body

- my chassis appears to have lost the mouting point.

Check out eBay item 330446415364 - a fairly good (if small) photo

of an early TR4 chassis.

If anyone can post the photo for future reference, please do.

Christian - email sent.

AlanR

As suggested by Alan, I had a look at the photo on e-Bay but decided it wasn't that clear, and I had no idea how to make a copy (no 12-year old available to do the job for me!).

Attached is a picture of the back end of 4VC's chassis when it was being fettled by Colin Matthews (CTM) in 1992. I hope you will be able to see the bracket for the exhaust mounting.

Ian Cornish