Door windows won't fit properly

Hi all,

I've got a problem that has been discussed here before but I can't get it right. The problem is that the side windows don't align properly with the windscreen. When winding them up they touch the windscreen frame at the top and at the bottom is a gap of about 15mm.

I've tried all the suggestions I could find:

* check if the windows are properly seated in the frame (they are)

* adjust the windscreen frame (now it is max tilted towards the front)

* adjusted the window winding regulator

But still they won't fit right.... So today I had a look at another TR6 that had perfect fitting side windows and found out that the width of those windows at the top was about 56cm. Mine have a width of almost 60cm.....

So could someone please measure the width of the side windows (at the top) and please let me know. Maybe my car has the windows of a TR4 but I don't know how to recognise them.

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi all,

I've got a problem that has been discussed here before but I can't get it right. The problem is that the side windows don't align properly with the windscreen. When winding them up they touch the windscreen frame at the top and at the bottom is a gap of about 15mm.

I've tried all the suggestions I could find:

* check if the windows are properly seated in the frame (they are)

* adjust the windscreen frame (now it is max tilted towards the front)

* adjusted the window winding regulator

But still they won't fit right.... So today I had a look at another TR6 that had perfect fitting side windows and found out that the width of those windows at the top was about 56cm. Mine have a width of almost 60cm.....

So could someone please measure the width of the side windows (at the top) and please let me know. Maybe my car has the windows of a TR4 but I don't know how to recognise them.

Cheers,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

I have measured mine, well an old glass, the original, which i replaced as it was

badly scratched, it has a width of 60 cm as yours, windows fit fine.

img080.jpg

So having looked at it i cant see how a 56cm would fit correctly on the door,

its too narrow, how does it look at the handle end? :blink:

I think you have some more playing about to do on the fitting of yours, you may need to slot

some of the holes on the inside of door to allow more movement. In moving the rack dont forget

about your softop.

Good luck.

Guy

The TR4 one has a different shape at the bottom of it(check yours against Guys drawing) as the winder mechanism is totally different and does cause problems on early cars fitted with late windows. You could try and detach the rail that is attached to the bottom of the window that your mechanism runs in and tilt the glass slightly and re-attach with a packer in the front to give you a better angle.

Stuart.

Thanks Guy for the drawing, I compared it to the windows I have and they are exactly the same so no problem there. I said I tried everything I could think about except the method Stuart mentioned. I'll have a go at this tomorrow and hope it will help a bit...

Thanks,

Edwin.