Anyone know where I can get a new padded switch plinth for an early TR4? The usual suppliers have one for the 4A listed but not the early one.

Paul

Paul have you tried Drakes Motors in Kelowna BC

A word of caution about purchasing a new plinth. For some unknown reason, Triumph changed the plinth, plinth mounting bracket and plinth plate at body number 25935CT. At that body number they moved the position of both the ignition switch and wiper switch toward the center. Both were moved about 1/8" inboard for a total of 1/4" offset. So for a correct fit, you would need to ensure that all three pieces are matched to each other.

Measuring from the inside edge of the wiper switch hole to the inside edge of the ignition switch hole, the differences are:

2-1/2" for the early version and 2-1/4" for the later version.

As a note, both of the plinths were vinyl covered, pressed fiberboard and at some time later in TR4 production the injection molded plastic plinth was introduced without a change in part number.

gary

Cheers Guys,

I bought the car off Drakes, but he just deals in new parts from Moss or Victoria British, neither of which have the part listed. The car is fitted with a later plinth at the moment and it is in a bad state. Any ideas where I can get a new one?

Paul

Thanks, Got one on order!

Moss Europe's dash pads are way cheaper than their North American cousins as well. I'll be getting them from there too!!

Cheers

Paul

Agreed - I find the exchange rate makes UK-sourced parts very competitive - even with shippng etc.

Thanks, Got one on order!

Moss Europe's dash pads are way cheaper than their North American cousins as well. I'll be getting them from there too!!

Cheers

Paul

Paul dont buy a Moss one they arent too good on their finish. TR Shop ones are way better and are moulded as per original.

Stuart.

Cheers Guys,

Moss don't have any plinths in stock anyway. Do they sell the switch plinth as well as the other mouldings?

Paul

I dont know about TR4 ones but give them a mail as I expect they would be able to.

Stuart.