Aeroscreen sold on Ebay UK

TR 2 - 3 original aeroscreen just sold on ebay

item no 160406406760

cheaper than a new Brooklands one

OMG!!!

If this auction was ligitimate, somebody got a big gift and somebody has no clue as to the value of these. Oh, well, so is life.

The seller may well be correct, albeit a few years early . . . 1933-36ish Riley aeroscreen is almost identical to the original TR2 item. But guess what, it doesn't quite fit. How do I know this arcane oddity ? Because I had several 30s Rileys in my youth whilst playing with TRs also.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi David,

Yes indeed, and not the only aeroscreen of the early 30s to feature both that slightly bellied out glass profile and a rubber strip below. The original TR2 profile was a throwback to 20 years before . . . . I presume the 1930s product was of proprietary manufacture, having seen what appeared to be very similar screens on several marques. As a lad I spent a lot of time at VSCC meetings - dashboards and screens were aspects I found particularly interesting, some of the 20s and 30s dashboard arrays were veritable works of art !

Cheers,

Alec