the door edge fudge

While I would have preferred not to touch the edge of the driver door, I thank Huey for lead loading. I shaved the bottom few inches to open the gap (silver soldered the 2 bits of skin and door edge back together) and have extended the upper edge with the lead. A bit more trimming tomorrow and it should be there. The silver insulating tape and black Texta mark the last bit of trimming.

dooredge.jpg

This is the naughtiest fudge I have done so far, although carving the outer sill shape out of MIG welding must come close, so when the time comes I probably have all the necessary qualifications for the DPO club membership.

Spike once extolled the role of the grand piano in jungle warfare. One day I will explain the role of the Heinz baked bean tin, and the edge of a rotating drill in the lead loading of TR door edges, but only if you ask nicely.

Edited by littlejim

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! ;) If you push the bottom of the wing back into line with the sill doesnt that enlarge the gap at the bottom.

Stuart.

Hey Jim,

I bet I know what's going through your mind at the moment. Isn't it great messing with these cars. I got all this to look forward to... :D

I received those Koni shocks you gave me..thanks heaps mate. By the way, how do you adjust them. :blink:

Tony

Edited by Tonymill

Hey Jim,

I received those Koni shocks you gave me..thanks heaps mate. By the way, how do you adjust them. :blink:

Tony

Tony you have to pull out the big rubber bump stop that's in the top bit, push the top fully down. This engages a nut on the bottom of the piston in the upper part, into a fixed 'dog' on the bottom part, and allows you to adjust the nut. Top section clockwise - stiffer; anticlockwise - softer. Worth resetting to zero and working your way up. Same number of turns for each.

As far as I know only 'rebound' is affected; 'squish' stays the same.

(If explanation no good, email me and I can scan page 85 of Alan Staniforth's 'High Speed Low Cost' which has a diagram of the process.)