Happy New Year to all!

I am in the process of refurbishing my TR3A sidescreens and would appreciate detail photographs of a completed example to aid the work. In particular, detail of the frame covering around the cobex/perspex windows and how this is joined to the material which covers the lower half would be most welcome

Happy New Year to all!

I am in the process of refurbishing my TR3A sidescreens and would appreciate detail photographs of a completed example to aid the work. In particular, detail of the frame covering around the cobex/perspex windows and how this is joined to the material which covers the lower half would be most welcome

I have a spare set of front sliding windows for a pair of TR3a sidescreens. I want to sell them but for less than I bought them new from Moss 6 months ago if that helps you ED

Happy New Year to all!

You're a brave man attempting this (although I'm sure Menno will be able to help as he has done an excellent job on his).

I recall seeing an excellent photographic step-by-step article several years ago on refurbishing the sidescreens. The original link is probably on this Forum somewhere, but I think the article itself was on one of the US Triumph sites. I'm sure someone will remember where but you could try searching with Google for either 'sidescreen' or 'side curtain'.

Unfortunately, the Roger Williams 'How to Restore TR2, TR3 & TR3A' book dismisses this part of the restoration in a couple of lines. sad.gif

You could also try contacting Moto-Build for advice, or even to tackle part of the job, as they have a good reputation for refurbishing and remanufacturing TR sidescreens (despite being primarily MG-oriented).

Mrs Laura Bates

MOTO-BUILD LTD

TEL:01784 477477 FAX:01784 477478

lbates@moto-build.co.uk

www.moto-build.co.uk

I would be inclined to talk to Ken Munford 02089981626 as he does refurbed exchange side screens for sensible money, all you need are good frames to exchange.

Stuart.

Happy New Year to all!

I am in the process of refurbishing my TR3A sidescreens and would appreciate detail photographs

of a completed example to aid the work. In particular, detail of the frame covering around the

cobex/perspex windows and how this is joined to the material which covers the lower half would

be most welcome

Around the window (fixed and sliding) the covering is just dressed down

into the groove and held in place by the sliding window channel.

The fixed window means the fit is a bit tighter at the front.

There is no joint in the outer face of the covering. This covers the whiole

of the external face. It covers the frame, round to the inside.

This means there is a joint between outside and inside covering on the inside

face, where the top channel meets the frame.

I would have to do a sketch to show you how the front leading edge is done,

also how the covering to the front leading edge is stitched to the fixed panel.

AlanR

Wyke (mind if I call you by your first name?), BrianC probably hit the nail on the head. Goto britishcarforum.com, and check out the TR2/3/4 Forum. If you can't find it by querying, ask RANDY your question in a new post. He is the most knowledgeable and helpful person on there. The same goes for Don Elliott, who is also on THIS forum! britishcarforum.com will probably end up giving you more information than you really need! Give it a try.

I hope this helps.