Front Wheel camber

Has anyone modified the the wishbones to give a camber of 3deg. ?If cut by how much

9/9

Sir

For what it is worth, Revington TR (UK) sells a kit that allows you to slide the Arms forward or back for positive or negative camber, a bit expensive and requires spot welding after adjustment is obtained. And there is an individual (Gary Horstkorta) here in the USA that makes infinately adjustable arms using your old arms with hemi-joints welded in. You can check them out at flyingbrickproducts@comcast. net or vintage.racer@comcast.net

Regards, Dan Cronin

Has anyone modified the the wishbones to give a camber of 3deg. ?If cut by how much

Hi 'jmarm'- I had my machinist buddy cut and weld the upper arms from my 3B, to give 1.5 deg neg camber, based on dimensions given in one of the tips books...(can't recall which one and how much we removed, but it's not a lot). Anyway, after a long delay, I'm back to restoring the car and have installed Revington's front suspension kit and R&P steering, instead. Net result is that I have a set of arms I'd be happy to send you if you'll cover the cost of shipping and tell me where you'd like them sent. Let me know and we can swap info in an email. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
9/9

Sir

For what it is worth, Revington TR (UK) sells a kit that allows you to slide the Arms forward or back for positive or negative camber, a bit expensive and requires spot welding after adjustment is obtained. And there is an individual (Gary Horstkorta) here in the USA that makes infinately adjustable arms using your old arms with hemi-joints welded in. You can check them out at flyingbrickproducts@comcast. net or vintage.racer@comcast.net

Regards, Dan Cronin

Dan, I cannot open Flying brick nor see anything relevant on vintage.racer We have shortened the existing upper fulcrum arms by 6mm and re-built . this seems to give 1deg which is an improvement

JOHN A

Hi 'jmarm'- I had my machinist buddy cut and weld the upper arms from my 3B, to give 1.5 deg neg camber, based on dimensions given in one of the tips books...(can't recall which one and how much we removed, but it's not a lot). Anyway, after a long delay, I'm back to restoring the car and have installed Revington's front suspension kit and R&P steering, instead. Net result is that I have a set of arms I'd be happy to send you if you'll cover the cost of shipping and tell me where you'd like them sent. Let me know and we can swap info in an email. Kevin

Kevin, It is a pity you do not have that dimension or cannot remember which book the detail is in. We have shortened the upper fulcrum pins giving 1deg approx I think I will pass on using your arms as the alteration is fairly easy to do. Just to avoid complication my pal and I are working on 2 TR3A,s

I

Although shortening the upper wishbone arms was quite popular amongst the "go-faster" boys back in the 1970s, I have a feeling that it upsets the geometry and thereby will tend to create bump-steering. I think that moving the fulcrum point (as in Revington's kit) is preferable.

I would like to know whether those who have shortened the arms suffered bump-steering.

Ian Cornish