Help Please from someone with a TR4a manual

I am having difficulty setting up my rear axle on my TR3a.

I know this is the wrong forum for sidescreens but the 'new' axle that I have obtained is from ain IRS vehicle and I wonder if the pinion depth dimension is different even though the CW & P seem identical.

So that is my question, could someone who has a manual, please check what the dimension should be from the C/L of the diff carrier bearings to the machined surface on the underside of the pinion head.

Many thks Ian

87.3mm to 87.38mm for both live axle diff and the IRS diff. This is a theoretical measurement as it will depend on your final meshing of the crownwheel and pinion. Hope this is what you need.

Rod

87.3mm to 87.38mm for both live axle diff and the IRS diff. This is a theoretical measurement as it will depend on your final meshing of the crownwheel and pinion. Hope this is what you need.

Rod

Hi Rod,

If that's the figure in the manual then yes it is thanks. It looks like it is the same as the 3a ( 87.31mm) I just wanted to make sure that the 40 thou spacer under the head hadn't changed things.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian, I have a manual for sale if you are interested?

It is the original, ring-binder type, not the reprint.

Thanks

David

Many thanks David but no thanks, I have a 3A - I don't really need a 4a manual.

Rgds Ian