Trafalgar Windscreen Washer on ebaY

Your opinion please, would this windscreen washer kit be appropriate for fitting to a 1959-60, TR3A? One thing that I noticed is no logo trademark on the bottle. I asked the seller and he claims that early versions had no printing or embossing on the bottle. What do you think?

Windscreen Washer

Edited by angelfj

Frank - I've never seen a Trafalgar like that one on a sidescreen TR. The Trafalgar bottle and clamp on mine are different. I know mine to be correct because I ordered mine as a dealer-added option when I bought my TR3A (TS 27489) brand new in May 1958. I know your "Grey Lady" is close to my Commission Number.

The plunger shown looks similar to mine, but mine had "Trafalger" in white lettering on the black knob like all the rest of the knobs on a TR3A dashboard.

Also, the bottle on mine has raised lettering (Trafalgar) which is hard to see but a knowlegable judge at TRA will look for it. Because my bottle had discouloured a bit (more yellowish) than it was when new, I relaced it with a new whiter one that is a repro bottle for the overflow for a TR4 radiator. That astute TRA judge docked me a point because the name Trafalgar was not on the retro bottle.

So I replaced my original yellowish bottle onto the inner wing.

Hi Frank,

the box looks like it's late 1950s, no one was trying to sell car accessories with a splitscreen car on the box by the '60s.

As for the contents . . . . I'd be very surprised if that's a pre-1960 bottle, let alone the holder, and I'm not convinced about the pump unit either. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't personally spend a whole lot of money on it. If it's $15 or $20 you can't complain, if it's nearer $50 I'd think twice.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Frank,

the box looks like it's late 1950s, no one was trying to sell car accessories with a splitscreen car on the box by the '60s.

As for the contents . . . . I'd be very surprised if that's a pre-1960 bottle, let alone the holder, and I'm not convinced about the pump unit either. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't personally spend a whole lot of money on it. If it's $15 or $20 you can't complain, if it's nearer $50 I'd think twice.

Cheers,

Alec

yes, I had the same impression. my interest is waning quickly