NO compression! HELP

Things going from bad to worse........ removed No.5 piston as per photo....damage on camshaft side only, rings OK

Checked other pistons lower skirts with dental inspection mirror and torch from below seem OK.

Anyone got an AE 17753 (Hepolite) +.020" :P

john

Edited by johnny250

Jeez, tough luck Johnny!

How bad is the cylinder wall, just the same as the piston? If it is, and I don't wish to be a merchant of doom :huh: , it may be a full set of +.030" pistons, rings & re-bore. I sincerely hope not, cross my fingers a good hone will fix you up.

Sorry, can't help you with rings.

Regards,

Richard.

Things going from bad to worse........ removed No.5 piston as per photo....damage on camshaft side only, rings OK

Checked other pistons lower skirts with dental inspection mirror and torch from below seem OK.

Anyone got an AE 17753 (Hepolite) +.020" :P

john

Hi John

Nice to meet up with you at Malvern and yes I do look like Shrek :lol: no it works great however back to your probs,I hope that Richard is not right but I fear he maybe :( you can see that the problem starts at the top, the compression ring has tried but the scraper has failed, don't forget our chat check the conrod, it could also be a naf piston it would not be the first one

The cylinder wall looks reasonable, light scoring on that side, hope it can be sorted in the car. I've got a piston on order now £70+ :mellow:

john

I'm sorry Johnny, but any scoring will only lead to low compression and high oil consumption.

May I suggest you get hold of a good quality honing tool, protect the crank journal and get to work on that cylinder until the scoring has gone, then measure to see if you're still within tolerances, if you're lucky, then gap the rings accordingly.

Got a piccy?

Regards,

Richard.