Intermittent engine misfire

Hi guys

Can anyone help?Since I bought my tr5 5 months ago it has had an intrtmitternt misfire when at lower revs while accelerating hard, also sometimes at very high revs.

I have ftted new ht leads rotor arm distributor cap new plugs and all the injectors have been renewed,and the timming has been checked.

Any ideas!

Thanks Steve W

Edited by steve w
Hi guys

Can anyone help?Since I bought my tr5 5 months ago it has had an intrtmitternt misfire when at lower revs and accelerating hard, also sometimes at very high revs.

I have ftted new ht leads rotor arm distributor cap new plugs and all the injectors have been renewed,and the timming has been checked.

Any ideas!

Thanks Steve W

points ? The other thing is the butterflys in the throttle bodies. There are numerous forum hints and tips to ensure these are correctly set up albeit it doesnt sound like them. You should also have the MU checked for pressure and operation. Mine is currently a bit noisy although only 1 year old and form time to time I get rough running or only fireing on 5 cylinders and have discovered its the MU. So its going in for a full test and fix at TRGB. Sorry cant be of any more help.

Check.

Play in throttle linkage?

Distributor worn?

Fuel Pressure?

Metering Unit timing?

**** Plugs?

Not necessarily in that order....

Alternatively - bring it in if you're around the Norfolk / Suffolk / Essex / Lincs area....

We have an old "beardy" man called Bob - he doesn't get out much but he is brilliant with TR's!

Marko (aka Classic Marques - Norfolk)

Check.

Play in throttle linkage?

Distributor worn?

Fuel Pressure?

Metering Unit timing?

**** Plugs?

Not necessarily in that order....

Alternatively - bring it in if you're around the Norfolk / Suffolk / Essex / Lincs area....

We have an old "beardy" man called Bob - he doesn't get out much but he is brilliant with TR's!

Marko (aka Classic Marques - Norfolk)

Hi

I will check the things you have pointed out,but what I can't understand is that the misfire is not all the time! you can some times ease off and then accelerate again and the missfie stops for a short time.

The fault is intermittent.

This is exactly the symptoms from a dodgy rotor arm. Where did your replacement come from?

Try one of the 'Distributor Doctors' if you haven't already got one.

This is exactly the symptoms from a dodgy rotor arm. Where did your replacement come from?

Try one of the 'Distributor Doctors' if you haven't already got one.

It was a lucas replacement rotor arm.I don't think its the problem,but worth changing again!

It might have come in a Lucas box and looked like one, but I bet it wasn't.

Another option might be that your new HT leads are unshielded, but this would normally only affect efi which I presume you don't have.

Another option might be that your new HT leads are unshielded, but this would normally only affect efi which I presume you don't have.

Me to? shall we lay odds, I agree with Jerry change the rotor first

Neil

Edited by ntc

No efi.