wheres the LED topic gone?

David,

I have been following this thread with great interest, it is a great mod and I will be copying it - with most welcome help from Tony T.

If you extend your search to a period of 60 days it should appear in the list.

The only direct way I can find to point you in the right direction, if it works, is via the link below :

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=16273

Regards, Richard ;)

wasn't there a topic on this board regarding fillting LEDs to dashboard for gauge lighting? i am trying to find it but to no avail !!

A quick update on this topic:

Steve Redway asked me to put an article in TRAction showing this for all the members. I have written and submitted this for the next issue. This shows how to modify the Instruments by putting in LEDs. (first article)

It will be followed by two further articles that are associated.

A dimmer system for driving the LEDs (second article)

Connecting the LEDs and the dimmer system into a TR. (Third article)

I split it into three so that I didn't hog most of the next TRAction magazine with photos and graphic images.

I found that the LEDs were very effective, but they tend to be fairly bright, hence the dimmer. The dimmer could have been based on a rheostat, but it would need to be different from the existing one and it would need to be tailored to the car, so I designed a general purpose LED dimmer using an electronic device. As part of the article, I am offering to provide the dimmer (or indeed the whole system), at a fair price, but you will have to mod your own instruments.

I hope this helps. Any questions, just send me a PM or send to my email address tony@thomson-of-marlow.co.uk

TT

A quick update on this topic:

Steve Redway asked me to put an article in TRAction showing this for all the members. I have written and submitted this for the next issue. This shows how to modify the Instruments by putting in LEDs. (first article)

It will be followed by two further articles that are associated.

A dimmer system for driving the LEDs (second article)

Connecting the LEDs and the dimmer system into a TR. (Third article)

I split it into three so that I didn't hog most of the next TRAction magazine with photos and graphic images.

I found that the LEDs were very effective, but they tend to be fairly bright, hence the dimmer. The dimmer could have been based on a rheostat, but it would need to be different from the existing one and it would need to be tailored to the car, so I designed a general purpose LED dimmer using an electronic device. As part of the article, I am offering to provide the dimmer (or indeed the whole system), at a fair price, but you will have to mod your own instruments.

I hope this helps. Any questions, just send me a PM or send to my email address tony@thomson-of-marlow.co.uk

TT

Definately worthy of inclusion in TRAction mate...well done.. :)

Tony