Tool kit

Just putting my boot area back in order.

What should come with the standard equipement and where does it all sit in the boot.

I have the leather strap but not sure if the jack should sit there or not.

I have a jack, wheel brace and jack handle. Anything missing?

Thanks

Can I direct you to this thread on another forum? http://www.6-pack.org/sixpack/phpbb2/viewt...;highlight=mint

Original 1974 TR6 with only 4,400 miles from new - loads of photos to include all the tools that were provided with the car, so probably as good a reference as you are ever going to get. It is my understanding that the tool roll was held in place by the strap, with the jack going inside the spare wheel well - but I could be wrong!

I apologise if putting the details up of another TR forum albeit in the US causes offence!

HTH

John

Edited by trfella
Just putting my boot area back in order.

What should come with the standard equipement and where does it all sit in the boot.

I have the leather strap but not sure if the jack should sit there or not.

I have a jack, wheel brace and jack handle. Anything missing?

Thanks

lee: here is a diagram of the tools supplied with the TR-6 - I believe this is from the official parts catalog - but not sure.

Hi Lee,

If you have anything missing, have a look at this chap on eBay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/1412jas

He manages to source the tools to make up kits for many different vintage cars (inc TR's), and provides them in a tool roll. Okay, the roll isn't correct, but the rest of the items look kosha. They are pricey though!

Have no interest or affiliation with the seller, just a satisfied customer that was missing some items from my boot!

HTH

John

Cheers Guys.....Most of that I haven't got. Obviously some would be supplied if you had wires.

A few different braces there. Mine has the swivel handle. Got the Tyre pressure gauge but no tool roll.

I'll go hunting as sugggested.

Cheers Guys.....Most of that I haven't got. Obviously some would be supplied if you had wires.

A few different braces there. Mine has the swivel handle. Got the Tyre pressure gauge but no tool roll.

I'll go hunting as sugggested.

Lee: Your case is typical, in that triumph was not consistent regarding which tools were supplied or in fact if tools were supplied at all. Here in the US, if you bought a TR sports car, you hardly ever got more than the jack and handle. My TR250 had items 1, 2, 4,18 and 26. No other small spanners or other tools were supplied. I have been told that the dealers would chuck them in the bin because they felt that the quality was poor. I have seen a complete TR2 tool set with original jute tool roll sell for over $400 at an auction!!!