TR-6 viton valve stem seals cure smoking

Hi.

Can I have your comment on this item on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TR6...2311510007r9384

Oystein

I dont see anything wrong with them. Viton is a common material for valve seals. Note that they only work with the older single spring engines, there is insufficient room for them with the dual spring engines.

Goodparts has a teflon seal that goes with specially machined guides that works well with the dual spring motors.

Stan

Mmmmm. I do have reservations about fitting seals to an engine which wasn't designed for them. Could starve the valve stems of oil, considering they're only lubed from the top.

On the other hand if there's excess oil going down the guides then the slop between the valves & guides means the seals aren't going to last long anyway?

So mmmmm. :blink:

Perhaps if they're not too much of a pig to fit you could do two cylinders and see what transpires.

Ivor

Mmmmm. I do have reservations about fitting seals to an engine which wasn't designed for them. Could starve the valve stems of oil, considering they're only lubed from the top.

On the other hand if there's excess oil going down the guides then the slop between the valves & guides means the seals aren't going to last long anyway?

So mmmmm. :blink:

Perhaps if they're not too much of a pig to fit you could do two cylinders and see what transpires.

Ivor

Ivor

No need to have reservations they should not be fitted two wrongs do not make a right ;)

Regards

Neil