AC Fuel Pump diaphram for TR3A

Need suggestions for sourcing a NOS diaphram or after-market black one of the correct laminated (bad photo but actually 3-layers) construction and material. The ones I have seen , being sold now, are red and single layer, non-laminated.

DSC01858-r2.jpg

DSC01848-r1.jpg

Frank, I know that it is not what you asked for, but PowerTune- Abingdon Parts- supply a black non-laminated diaphragm in their repair kit. I wonder if the NOS laminated type will survive modern petrol? If this is of any use to you, I have one, brand new PowerTune one , as I fell at the first hurdle staking the valves in. It is yours for the cost of postage.

Rod

Edited by Rhodri

May have been my misfortune but when I rebuilt the 2 I got a pump overhaul kit from local factors with a RED diaphragm, it lasted for about 600 miles and then over night it leaked a gallon or so of petrol into my nice fresh duckhams oil. The problem was the diaphragm to the centre shaft had not been crimped correctly, you could actually rotate the diaphragm around the shaft, it was definitely not UK made. Managed to pick up a couple of genuine AC pump overhaul kits with black laminated ones in and so far no problems but I have wondered if unleaded reacts with them.

Nigel (with TS952)