front valance fit

Hi All

Having fitted the bonnet today and getting a rather good fit in relation to the bulkhead and both inner wings I now need to fit the upper front valance.

I'm not sure wether the valance is just bolted, rivetted or welded or a combination of the 3.

I can't seem to find any good pics of this.

Also, is it feasable to fit the valance with the bonnet in situ, as i don't want to disturb the good fit I have at the moment.

any help appreciated

tx

John.

Edited by mandarawessels
John,

Originally the upper front valance panel, and indeedthe lower valance were both spot welded in position.

You could do a temporary fix with self tappers until you are ready to do the final installation.

Regards, Richard ;)

By welding it in place will it affect the bonnet to wing fit?

If there is a slightly to wide a gap is it a matter in banging it back into shape?

tx

john

John

Try offering up the valance to the gap you have and clamp it centrally.This will give you more of an idea of the gap you have.Spliting between the two sides will halve it.A little persuasion can help fill any gap.

Not removing the bonnet is reducing access for both clamping and actual welding.Weld the horizontal first to induce some stability first.You will probably need some long reach clamps, especially if you not planning to remove the wings either.

My wing / bonnet gap was over an inch in places and required a 4 by 4 inch lump of wood and a club hammer to rectify ...just like in the factory I understand.

Bob

You can always alter the bonnet gap at the stage of wing fitting as you can bend the top of the inner wing rail to suit. dont forget to do it evenly side to side to keep the bonnet central.

The front panel is as all the panels on a TR are brazed in under the inner wing top rails and then spotwelded all round.

Stuart.