Question about glove box lid

Mine is white with some greasy fingerprints (optional). :blink:

Cheers,

Thanks for the response. Mine is now on its way to being white. Hope Val de Marne isn't as cold as Dorset. Just had to drain TR6 and TR2 as didn't refill with antifreeze during Summer fiddling about and just informed that tonight will be -4 degs C. TR4 hasn't got water yet. In fact hasn't got an engine..........

The colour is slightly off-white, with just a touch of tan. We found some undisturbed original white under the central gauge panel, which in our case was embossed aluminum, and matched the new fascia colour to that. (We also found some original Signal Red under the windshield, and it turned out to be a perfect match for a Ford Mustang red.)

The colour is slightly off-white, with just a touch of tan. We found some undisturbed original white under the central gauge panel, which in our case was embossed aluminum, and matched the new fascia colour to that. (We also found some original Signal Red under the windshield, and it turned out to be a perfect match for a Ford Mustang red.)

Well,

For the real connoisseur, the white shade of the dashboard is NOT "old english white", but a trifle whiter. Beats me if I know th exact name of that color.

Signal red 32 is close to Mustang red but not exactly it. I owned a red '67 289 HP back in my glory days in San Francisco with all the works (jacked up axle, Eagle headers, 600 cfm Holley, same height, 40 lbs thinner plus that brand new blonde :rolleyes: ). I lost the Mustang, gained weight, kept the blonde. Man's gotta know his priorities. But the closest thing to signal red 32 is Peugeot persian red, ref 1346 or 1436 (never could remember that darn number).

Dodgin' traffic in memory lane,

Edited by Badfrog

I suspect there are a few dozen shades of Signal Red, depending on the paint batch, the day of the week, and whether the Triumph paint shop was suffering from a collective hangover ;) . We just matched what we had, and it was close enough for us - it was a recent Ford Mustang colour, not a 1960s shade. I had an original 1965 TR4A in red, and this shade matched my imperfect recollection as a very pure red. I've seen some cars that are much darker, closer to maroon, but no doubt that might have been a correct factory Signal Red as well.

Don't get me started on TR4 grey carpet shades - I think there's a wide range of correct colours there as well. The original 1962 dealer brochure shows a dark grey, but various period road tests show a much lighter shade. And I'm going off topic - apologies.

For the real connoisseur, the white shade of the dashboard is NOT "old english white",

but a trifle whiter. Beats me if I know th exact name of that color.

Spa White, I think, as that was the shade of white available for the early 4s,

but I've not seen anything official or done a colour match.

Spa White is certainly off-white. Not old english white, which is creamier but

not 'pure' white either.

AlanR

For heaven's sake don't order early Mustang Red (Candy Apple) as a substitute for TR Signal Red.

Both are in the garage to directly compare, and the Mustang is more of a cherry shade, and quite different.

Regards,

Viv.

I'm beginning to regret starting this. None of the TRs in my garage are quite the right red but they're all a red I like. I did find the white on my dash under the vinyl someone had stuck on, it certainly wasn't brilliant white. The colours listed are Spa White and New White I think. Mine will be whatever white my friend has left over from painting his Morris Minor.

I'm beginning to regret starting this. None of the TRs in my garage are quite the right red but they're all a red I like.

Color specs talk is like nose picking: you never know where it will lead you. :wacko:

Cheers

Edited by Badfrog
But Badfrog, if you keep trying, you'll eventually pick a winner :P

That's Aussie wisdom if any. :D

Noticed you drive a Disco daily. Had one myself for 5 years. Best car ever.

As a most stupid move, I sold it for a Freelander. I must be blonde.

G'day