Rear Lights

I have always thought the lights on a 6 (apart from the headlights) look like a bit of an afterthought.

Trawling around the web for something else, I came across this on the Racetorations site.

http://www.racetorations.co.uk/cars.html

Check out the rear lights on the dark blue car. IMHO this is what Triumph should have done from the off. After all, if the 4 shares its rear lights with an Aston, why shouldn't the 6 share its with a Ferrari :D (although they are probably from an A Series Opel Manta tbf).

What say you?

BTW £50k for a 6 !!!???

Sorry Ragtag,

Looks more like the proverbial kitcar afterthought to me . . . even the infamous TR40 Wedge made a better job of its rear end than the Talisman.

Other than that, it's a lovely piece of kit, but I could think of better ways to spend £50K. Each to his own, we all have our individual idiosyncrasies ! :P

Cheers,

Alec

Not sure about the lights myself, and 50k is serious money.

Even the yellow one below is serious money too. Looks like the doors open wider than normal - possibly modified the check straps? Does look lovely though (apart from the steering wheel and the uneven gap on the boot lid!!)

The TR6 was IMO a product of it's time, and the rear lights convey this. Look at the other cars Triumph, Austin, Morris and Rover were producing. The lights on these too could be considered an afterthought.

IMHO of course :)

Edited by trfella
Not sure about the lights myself, and 50k is serious money.

Even the yellow one below is serious money too. Looks like the doors open wider than normal - possibly modified the check straps? Does look lovely though (apart from the steering wheel and the uneven gap on the boot lid!!)

The TR6 was IMO a product of it's time, and the rear lights convey this. Look at the other cars Triumph, Austin, Morris and Rover were producing. The lights on these too could be considered an afterthought.

IMHO of course :)

Didnt the wrap around rear lights appear due to the current or anticipated US regulations at the time ?. Most of the TR's were designed for the American market even though we only got the lobotomized, bastardized and butchered variants of the TR5 and TR6, mumble mumble.

I dont like the rear lamps on that GBP 50K TR6-like vehicle. Too much like a Corvette, minus around 270HP.

Stan

Hi,

I have to agree with the above comments too.

Nice motor apart from the rear, the round lights and lack of bimper give the end a rather too deep look. Might look better with number plate and bumper, however with a bumper it would not match the front.

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
Well I did ask! Looks like I am in a minority of 1.

Dont feel too bad. Most of us appreciate a well executed piece of engineering and can only lust after the idea of a 230HP TR6. The cosmetics are highly subjective though and you will get opinions all over the place and there is a fine line between tasteful and pretentious.

Stan

Didnt the wrap around rear lights appear due to the current or anticipated US regulations at the time ?. Most of the TR's were designed for the American market even though we only got the lobotomized, bastardized and butchered variants of the TR5 and TR6, mumble mumble.

Stan

Yes, I think that is why the TR5 had those silly red marker lights on the rear wings so it could be seen from the side.

Nick Webster

hi i am also looking for diferent back lights for my 6 i have thought of tr7 lights with the bulge cut of the body & welded on to the flat area on the 6 has any one got these or breaking a 7 im also going to change the front grill area to scoop down to the bumper ! " lifes different so must cars" regards kel ;)