Air Filter assy for TR5/6

Well, here they are.

The TR6 box (the rusty one) and the 'TR5' box that I'd just painted.

Some chap at Triumph must have spent a wet afternoon redesigning this, carefully preserving the key feature that you have to dismantle half the car to change the filter element. <_<

Ivor

TR5TR6airbox.jpg

Newandold.jpg

You need to junk that steel airbox thing at the front of the trunking (utter rubbish) and just but a good quality cone filter on the end of it - it will breath alot better.

If you want to keep your car original,keep it,just dont fit a air filter in it!!

If you want to keep your car original,keep it,just dont fit a air filter in it!!

or bettr still - keep the airbox and fit an internal K&N.

Wouldn't drive around without a filter myself, as I did this very thing myself as a teenager and the engine went bang! A bit of debris damaged the crown of one of the pistons.

You need to junk that steel airbox thing at the front of the trunking (utter rubbish) and just put a good quality cone filter on the end of it - it will breath alot better.
or better still - keep the airbox and fit an internal K&N.

There is another solution, but I'll post that in the TR6 forum when I've done it. Getting over a cold atm, and my enthusiasm for cold garages and rubbing down rusty metalwork is rather limited. :(

Ivor

WIMP!! :P:lol:

Well I have done some painting this morning, but you're right - Soft southerner... attishoooo :P

Well I have done some painting this morning, but you're right - Soft southerner... attishoooo :P
See Cone filter in this picl DSC00738.jpg

Round yellow thing through grill, (above the R in reg) and in this pick of stuff we took off when going to Webbered Race engine. DSC01003.jpg

Edited by jellison