Hello,

on my 4th lighting switch, apart from one which almost burnt the car out after the swith (bought s/h from Classic Car Show, NEC) earthed the supply, the other 2 I have fitted, both s/h from reputable suppliers work for a few months then I get an intermittent fault, ie switch sidelights on and they dont work, twiddle with switch and they do work, my non-technical brain tells me the contacts must be dicky. Headlights go through a relay so probably not excessive amps, fitted an alternator before the latest switch went. In the interim I have fitted a toggle switch (Lucas) until I (or hopefully one of you) can solve my problem.

2 questions, are new switches available from anywhere or can the original switches be re-furbished,

Thanks,

Andrew

I assume you have tried Moss and the other suppliers listed on the homepage of this site? If yours is a 4, then Moss have it listed for under £20, provided they actually have it in stock! Chic Doig is another good supplier.

Rod

Hi Rhodri,

I bought the toggle switch from Moss last year as they (or the young boy behind the counter) told me the pull switch was no longer available, since then I have assumed it was s/h or nowt, are you saying that NOS or remanufactured pull switches are available?

Andrew

Hi Andrew, no I am not saying they are available, I don't know the currentlaugh.gif situation with availability. All I am saying is to ring all the suppliers in case one has a switch- but I guess you have done that! The Moss catalogue shows it listed, but you have proved that they are unavailable. Speak to Mike Pratt at Moss London, he should be able to tell you if they have a date for new switches coming in.

Rod

Andrew,

I have a couple of second-hand Lucas switches of the correct type if interested, although I realise you have had problems with previous second-hand items.

I see that Holden do sell a reproduction pull switch, but at a cost - £38.50 plus VAT.

Regards, Richard

Hello,

on my 4th lighting switch, apart from one which almost burnt the car out after the swith (bought s/h from Classic Car Show, NEC) earthed the supply, the other 2 I have fitted, both s/h from reputable suppliers work for a few months then I get an intermittent fault, ie switch sidelights on and they dont work, twiddle with switch and they do work, my non-technical brain tells me the contacts must be dicky. Headlights go through a relay so probably not excessive amps, fitted an alternator before the latest switch went. In the interim I have fitted a toggle switch (Lucas) until I (or hopefully one of you) can solve my problem.

2 questions, are new switches available from anywhere or can the original switches be re-furbished,

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have found Vehicle wiring products to be very good www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu

TT