TR5 needed in Wales for photoshoot

Dear All,

Does anyone know of a TR5 within striking distance of mid-Wales for a photoshoot? It's for Classic Cars magazine, and I need to source a TR5 for a three-way comparison with an Alfa 1750 GTV and a Porsche 911L.

"All three came out around 1967, and offered three very different driving experiences then and now - which is for you?" Or that's the general idea.

The shoot will be centred on the countryside around Llyn Brianne, off the A40 north of Llandovery. We're aiming for a fortnight today; Monday 20th October, or possibly the end of that week on the Friday, or the Monday following. The date will be finalised as we discover who is available when.

Please pass on this info and my contact details to anyone you think could help. We'll pay fuel and food expenses on the day - it should be fun.

Best regards,

Nigel Boothman

Contributor

Classic Cars Magazine

www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk

0131 668 4199 / 07837 828133

I would have thought that Wyn would like a go at that, I think its in his neck of the woods. :P

I would think that Wyn would have to be persuaded to go.Having seen the car at Le mans and hearing comment's like that is one of the best Tr5's full stop, I would not let anybody drive it if it was mine. This car was my wife's car a few years ago and what he has done to it is a credit to the car and his work.Go on Wyn lets have some good reading in the mag. ;)

Edited by ntc
  • 4 weeks later...

pity i only just saw this i am only 20 miles away from Llandovery in brecon?and have a red TR5 1968,which is preaty respectable.

oh well maybe next time.