TR4 Buying Guide in Octane

Octane have the TR4 in it's buying guide article this month.

Apparently they are worth having.......

Octane have the TR4 in it's buying guide article this month.

Apparently they are worth having.......

So I was right all these years? Hey Dad, you and your Delage, did you hear that (wherever you are) ?

Unfortunately, Octane's reporter fails to distinguish between the TR4 and TR4A in so many areas (chassis, diff mounting, drive train, handbrake, to mention a few) and hence has produced a very confused summary. I can't think that Carl Kiddell at Revington TR gave the fellow duff information, so I think it must be down to a lack of undertanding and/or confusion in the reporter's mind. However, despite this, the TR4 comes out well - as indeed it should.

Ian Cornish

The TR4 (distinguished from the 4a) was voted by Classic Cars magazine in the top 10 most reliable classics to own a few years ago. Looks like the secret is out.

I'm open to speculative bids!! :rolleyes:

Rob.

Ah......but where would you invest the money.....

Best keep it in TR4.

The TR4 (distinguished from the 4a) was voted by Classic Cars magazine in the top 10 most reliable classics to own a few years ago. Looks like the secret is out.

May I refer you to a previous posting, the world is waking up to TR4s :lol:

Going back to the "Octane" car, isn't it the same one that's in one of Bill Piggott's books, and I'm sure it has also featured in another magazine.

I've no doubt that it is a superb example, but you'd think that editors/writers would show some originality when choosing examples of their featured cars.

Regards

Peter

Edited by dykins
Going back to the "Octane" car, isn't it the same one that's in one of Bill Piggott's books, and I'm sure it has also featured in another magazine.

I've no doubt that it is a superb example, but you'd think that editors/writers would show some originality when choosing examples of their featured cars.

Regards

Peter

Peter

Me thinks that you wouldn't mind someone picking up the phone to you...... ;)

Regards

Peter

What about us modified TR's.....

What about us modified TR's.....

Classic Car mags in general only seem to like standard cars, originality rules. The one mag dedicated to modified classics was RETRO CARS but the general public thought it was just another Max Power mag and didn't buy it...........don't even know if its still published

If you think about how many TRs are modified (most,a little or a lot) it should have been massive :mellow:

Edited by North London Mike
Peter

Me thinks that you wouldn't mind someone picking up the phone to you...... ;)

How dare you suggest such a thing! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, if Mr Coucher, Bell or Elliot should ever want a photogenic TR4 and and an even more photogenic owner, my phone number is.....

Regards

Peter

Personally I think the magazines have excellent taste in not only deciding which TR to feature but which actual TR4 ! :P

Regards

Brag Bighead

Personally I think the magazines have excellent taste in not only deciding which TR to feature but which actual TR4 ! :P

Regards

Brag Bighead

.................and the always choose the best colour (runs for cover) :lol::lol:

Can't argue about the colour either ;)

Regards

Peter

Green, GREEN, GREEEEN

Ok guys......Blue is nice ( Wedgewood or Powder ), but green is luvverley.

nearly went blue when it was resprayed, but green won the day. She stayed the colour she started in 'ish.