TR4 Horn Push -

I have 2 horn pushes for my 4, One is Back and white and the other is Blue and white. I have never seen another Blue one. Has anyone else come across one and which is correct?

David

(I have a photo of the pair together, but it is 1MB, how can I change it to upload to here?)

hi

e-mail the pics to yourself using the 'windows can compress these files' facility, 1 mb wil go down to 50 kb without loosing to much detail.

cheers, John

My late, ex USA 1962 model has a blue and white horn push and bonnet badge, I don't know when they changed the colour to black and white.

Rhodri,

Bizarrely I've never seen the black one! My '4 plus several Vitesse/Heralds have all had the blue one. There are variations here as well because sone have a satin-ish aluminiun finishing ring and some (earlier ones?) have a chrome one. The was also one with 'Triumph' scripted on it which will fit but this is off later Spitfires.

Nick.

My US Import 65 4a has a blue and white one although I got the badge from an autojumble down here as the car came with a 6 steering wheel.

Stuart.

I have 2 horn pushes for my 4, One is Back and white and the other is Blue and white. I have never seen another Blue one. Has anyone else come across one and which is correct?

David

(I have a photo of the pair together, but it is 1MB, how can I change it to upload to here?)

Hello David

I have owned or driven many of the cars that used this horn push, e.g. TR-4, 4A, 250 and 6. I have never seen a black and white color scheme - only blue and white. Perhaps the black one could be a knock-off? OR could this be from a Standard-Triumph commercial vehicle???

My blue and white one was not too brilliant and the bakelite had split and had been glued. I phoned TR Trader for a good secondhand one and the first question he asked was -blue or black? He had both, so I assume that both colours must be readily available?

Rod

On my 1962 TR4, the hood/bonnet badge is blue and white, while the horn button is black and white.

On my 1962 TR4, the hood/bonnet badge is blue and white, while the horn button is black and white.

same for me: july'63 french registration, i.e. '62 TR4 model : blue on ze bonnet, black on ze horn. I must reckon it took me 10 years to have the horn working so maybe I have a special model. Come to think of it, a mute horn on a beheaded car appears logical. ;)

I don't think there was any other TR4 bonnet badge other than blue, but as for the horn......

I just went and checked mine, I have the original horn push from my 4A plus 4 spares. At first I thought I had 2 dark blue, 2 black and one light blue. So I took them from the garage to a window to get better lighting and it turned out that all of mine are blue! Thing is the blue on two of them is so dark that it appears to be black until you exam it closely.

Paul